The goal of Progress Through Business and the Center on Business and Poverty is to support innovative writing and community projects related to employers who participate in social enterprise. The Center on Business and Poverty is an initiative of the University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Letters and Science. While the Center is a university-based group (the think tank), Progress Through Business is an NGO and is the organization that accomplishes our work in communities (the do tank).
The mission of both organizations is focused on:
- Writing guest editorials for significant print and online publications about social enterprise
- Composing weekly columns for the Deseret News and the Telegraph Herald, respectively the flagship periodical of the 20th largest print and online media group in the US and the largest newspaper and online presence in Northeast Iowa
- Through syndication and copying, our pieces are seen weekly in as many as 30 periodicals
- Helping run online financial literacy and free tax preparation programs for employers
- Starting companies in inner cities around the world
To learn more about the history of Progress and the Center click here: Our History